Using Essential Oils to cure the body is one of the healthiest and effective ways to eliminate toxins, parasites, bacteria, microorganisms, fungi, or any sort of infection.
Essential Oils are diluted and concentrated forms of the plants and flowers from which they originate which makes them very powerful antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal cold & flu fighters. Having an array of these in household storage will be a real benefit when experiencing an attack on the immune system. Here are the top 9 essential oils that will keep your clock ticking and your mojo running:
- Eucalyptus Oil (Eucalyptus Globulus) – Eucalyptus has antiviral properties which helps with cold and flu. It is often used in tiger balms and cough medicines to soothe the throat and lungs and act as a decongestant. It is used to treat pain, inflammation, bronchitis, asthma attacks, and muscle fatigue. This can be used topically when properly diluted and also in a steam inhaler.
- Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca) – Tea Tree Oil has many cleansing properties including anti-fungal, anti-microbial, antiviral, antiseptic and antibacterial. This essential oil can get rid of toenail fungus, cold sores, worts, athletes foot, carpet mold, ringworm, (prevent) lice, ticks, acne, skin infection, rashes, and the list goes on. This essential oil can be used in baby wipes, toothpaste, mosquito bite balm, deodorant, household cleaner, and laundry soap
- Thieves Essential Oil – This is a very popular blend of essential oils including eucalyptus, lemon, cinnamon bark (cinnamomum), clove, and rosemary. This essential oil has been used for centuries to cure colds, treat sore throat, and to maintain a healthy immune system. There are a wide variety of uses for this blend including hand soap, dishwasher, household cleaner, air freshener, and pillow disinfectant. Thieves can be used on the head, stomach, chest, liver and feet.
- Clove – Clove is an extremely potent essential oil, and should always be diluted appropriately with a carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil. This oil has amazing healing properties such as getting rid of pinworms in children, cleaning the respiratory tract, curing coughs, colds, asthma, tuberculosis, sinusitis, mold and fungus. It reduces gum disease, and acts as a great mosquito repellant.
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)- Rosemary is anti-flammatory, anti-fungal, antiseptic and antimicrobial. Rosemary fights infection of the skin, mouth, and mucus membranes, and can also help prevent cancer. This oil is often used in mosquito repellants, decongestants, and skin products.
- Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) – Peppermint Essential Oil is antiseptic and anti-viral. This oil can be used as a decongestant, to cure nausea, prevent digestive issues, cure bad breath, boost energy, enhance mental clarity, improve respiration, heal joints, relieve itches, and cure allergies.
- Lemon – Lemon essential oil has valuable cleansing properties. It can be used to pull toxins from store bought fruit and vegetables. You can use lemon essential oil as a household cleaner. It whitens teeth, freshens laundry, and can be used as a face wash. Improving mood and boosting the immune system are some other added benefits.
- Oregano – Oregano is allergenic, antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti fungal. This essential oil can be used to fight worts, psoriasis, cold and flu, diaper rash, athletes foot, parasites, infections, dandruff and sore throat.
- Lavender – Lavender is anti-inflammatory and anti septic. Lavender is an excellent source of soothing and healing for the body. The soothing properties can help to relieve pain, calm the body, relieve tension, and soothe the skin. It can be used to disinfect the skin, alleviate respiratory problems, cool minor burns or skin irritations, alleviate headaches, and treat insomnia anxiety and depression. lavender oil can be used as a laundry spray, face mask, aromatherapy massage, linen spray, hand salve, and smoothie recipes.
Using these essential oils regularly can prevent frequent trips to the doctor and unnecessary consumption of unhealthy pharmaceutical products. Although we do not recommend to self-diagnose or treat any major source of illness and disease, one should definitely visit a doctor if symptoms persist. However, these essential oils will definitely help improve your overall sense of health and wellbeing.